PARIS R-II SCHOOL DISTRICT
"Building a foundation for a positive future."
Missouri Association of Rural Education
School District of the Year
P6190 Virtual Education: The District will inform District parents of their child’s right to participate in the Program. Opportunity to participate in the Program will be provided in parent handbooks, registration documents and on the homepage of the District’s website.
Recent Legislation Regarding Critical Need Occupations, RSMo. section 167.902
This requires that the department of economic development shall annually identify occupations in which a critical need or shortage of trained personnel exists in the labor markets in this state and provide such information to the state board of education. Upon receipt of such data, the state board of education shall, in collaboration with the department of economic development, compile the following data and information:
1. Information on how to obtain industry-recognized certificates and credentials;
2. Information on how to obtain a license and the requirements for a license when licensure is required for an occupation;
3. Access to assessments and interest inventories that provide insight into the types of careers that would be suitable for students;
4. Resources that describe the types of skills and occupations most in demand in the current job market and those skills and occupations likely to be in high demand in future years;
5. Resources that describe the typical salaries for occupations and salary trends;
6. Information on how to obtain financial assistance for postsecondary education;
7. Information on how to choose a college, school, or apprenticeship that aligns with the student's career goals and values;
8. Information on self-employment;
9. Resources related to creating a resume, interviewing, networking, and finding job opportunities; and
10. Information on the skills and traits necessary to succeed in various careers.
For further information, please visit the following websites:
Website Link: https://meric.mo.gov/
Northeast Regional Profile link: https://meric.mo.gov/regional-profiles/northeast
Northeast Regional Career Grades link: https://meric.mo.gov/media/pdf/career-grades-northeast
Northeast Regional Top Openings link: https://meric.mo.gov/media/pdf/northeast-long-term-top-openings